Hy-Vee is now offering free COVID-19 tests at select pharmacy locations.
Eleven Hy-Vee pharmacy locations in five states will be available for testing. Hy-Vee says the tests are free and are administered via a pharmacy drive-thru testing process. The grocer says individuals do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms to be tested, but they must register online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time.
Hy-Vee says to register for a test voucher number, visit www.doineedacovid19test.com/ and provide requested information to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time. When you show up for your test time, you will receive a self-administered test from a Hy-Vee pharmacy employee, who will also oversee the testing process. Once your test is completed, the Hy-Vee pharmacy collects all tests and ship them to a lab. Hy-Vee says results will then be sent to the individual via email in three to five days.
The COVID-19 tests are offered at the following Hy-Vee pharmacy locations:
- Chariton Hy-Vee, 2001 Court Ave., Chariton, IA 50049
- Cherokee Hy-Vee, 1300 N. 2nd St., Cherokee, IA 51012
- Utica Ridge Hy-Vee, 4064 E. 53rd St., Davenport, IA 52807
- Iowa City Hy-Vee Drugstore, 310 N. 1st Ave., Iowa City, IA 52245
- West Des Moines Hy-Vee HealthMarket, 375 S. Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive, Rochester, MN 55901
- Maple Grove Hy-Vee, 18755 70th Way N., Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Ave., Kansas City, MO 64151
- Kiwanis Avenue Hy-Vee, 2700 W. 10th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Omaha Hy-Vee Drugstore, 8404 N. 30th St., Omaha, NE 68112
- O Street Hy-Vee, 5010 O St., Lincoln, NE 68510
Each location is offering testing windows from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Saturday testing hours vary by location. Contact the pharmacy for details.