(Omaha, NE) -- The Omaha Police Department is looking to add more police officers to the force and have extended their application deadline for the upcoming recruitment class.
OPD says they are now accepting applications until April 18th, 2022. Below are benefits and minimum qualifications for the position of police officer.
Omaha Police Department Benefits
- 2022 Salary Starting at $50,356 or more for Lateral Officers
- Health Insurance & Retiree Healthcare
- Longevity Pay, Bilingual & College Degree Incentive Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays plus a Floating Holiday
- Pension System
- Vacation & Sick Leave Accrual
- At least 21 years of age by the end of the police academy
- Valid Current Driver’s License
- High School Graduate or a G.E.D.
- Read & Comprehend English at an 11th Grade Level
- Able to Perform the Physical Requirements of the Position
- Must be a Citizen of the United States upon graduation
- No Felony Convictions & No Class I Misdemeanors or any Misdemeanor Convictions of Domestic Violence.
You can find out more and apply here.