(Lincoln, NE) -- A Lancaster County man killed in a Monday night fire is identified.
The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says 70 year old Gerald F. Socha died of smoke inhalation and burns.
The sheriff's department says just after 10:30 Monday night, the Lancaster County 911 Communications Center received a call of a house fire at 18201 N.W. 84, in Raymond. Once deputies got to the scene, they saw that the house was actively burning. The 911 caller, who was believed to be Socha, could not be located. Investigators say as deputies were searching outbuildings and the surrounding area, Raymond and Malcolm Fire Departments discovered a body in the house, along with two dogs who were rescued.
An autopsy was performed and using dental records, the deceased was identified as Socha, the resident and 911 caller. The two dogs suffered minor smoke inhalation and were turned over to the Capital Humane Society until Mr. Socha's next of kin can take custody of the dogs.
The Nebraska State Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the fire to be faulty electrical components.