(Omaha, NE) -- Nearly two dozen Irvington family members suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday night.
WOWT 6 News reports that Douglas County dispatchers confirmed that Tuesday night, several patients started showing up to CHI Health Immanuel. Omaha Fire later confirmed in a release that 22 people from a residence near 87th Avenue and Read Street had come to the ER with symptoms. OFD transported 21 of them to UNMC for further treatment.
“This was a unique request and the Omaha Fire Department was just one of many agencies to help patients get the help they needed,” the release from OFD Battalion Chief Scott Fitzpatrick states. The Irvington Fire District checked the home to see whether any additional patients were still at the address, the release states. OFD confirmed no additional patients were found there.