(Omaha, NE) -- Bond is set at $10 million dollars for a man accused of sexually assaulting at least three boys over the course of multiple years.
On Friday, a Douglas County Judge ordered that 65 year old Steven Danon be held on $10 million bond for the 12 charges of sexual assault of a child he is facing. Omaha Police arrested Danon on Wednesday. He has waived his preliminary hearing.
Investigators say Danon's alleged history of abuse spans years, with court documents listing several date ranges between September 2003 and April 2009. Court records indicate the abuse for some of the victims started when they were as young as 11 years old and stretched into early adulthood.
Danon faces a maximum sentence of 330 years if found guilty on all 12 charges.
Police say Danon came under investigation after one of his alleged victims came to them in September of 2019, telling officers that he had been sexually assaulted by Danon for years. The alleged victim, age 26 at the time, and Danon's son were friends as kids, and reportedly spent many nights at his West Omaha home. The man said Danon had assaulted him from the age of 11 into his adulthood and had paid him off by supplying him with drugs and money.
At that time, the alleged victim was in a rehab facility, getting treatment for his drug addiction, which he believed came from years of being sexually assaulted. According to court documents in May of 2020, the alleged victim died from a drug overdose.
Following the first victim's death Omaha Police spoke with a second potential victim, a 27 year old man. In August 2020, the second victim told officers that he too had been sexually assaulted by Danon from the age of 11 or 12 through high school. The man said Danon would sexually assault him, then give him marijuana, Xanax and cash to not say anything. The second victim said Danon had given him money as recently as July 2020 to stay quiet.
Then in May of this year, a third potential victim reached out to the Omaha Police Department about his relationship with Danon. The third man, also 27 years old, told investigators that he was contacting them because it had been one year since the first victim died and he felt it was the right thing to do. The man told officers that he had also been sexually assaulted by Danon, but had stayed quiet for so long because he felt emasculated and embarrassed.
Omaha Police say they believe Danon may have more victims and ask anyone with information to contact investigators at 444-5636.