(Lincoln, NE) -- A 66 year old Lincoln man is charged in connection to a string of vandalisms dating back to May of 2020.
The Lincoln Police Department says the first incident was reported on May 23rd, 2020, when four victims living in the 300 and 400 block of W Broadview told investigators that their tires had been slashed as their vehicles were parked in front of their homes. LPD says there was a total estimated damage amount of $800 from these vandalisms.
LPD says a string of vandalisms would occur in the same general area over the next year:
July 5th, 2020
- Four victims living on the 7500 block of Steinway Drive
- total estimated damage amount of $675
October 24th, 2020
- Nine victims living in the 400 block of W Broadview and 400 block of N 75th Street
- total estimated damage amount of $2,100 in damages
- Six victims in the 400 block of W Broadview
- total estimated damage amount of $775
December 15th, 2020
- Seven victims in the 300 block of Jeffrey and W Broadview Drive
- Total estimated damage amount of $1,350
March 30th, 2021
- One victim in the 7500 block of Steinway
- total estimated damage amount of $405
LPD says then on June 1st, 2021, a 40 year old man reported hearing a banging sound on side of his house on in the 300 block of W Broadview Drive. Investigators say the victim ran outside and observed a man fleeing the area. The victim told police he chased the man and when he caught up to him, he was able to gather a description and residence he fled into. LPD says based on this information, officers were able to identify the person responsible as a 66 year old man who lived in the area.
Police say when the victim returned home, he found that the exterior water faucet had been damaged and water was spraying everywhere. Investigators say another neighbor in the 400 block of W Broadview also had their water faucet broken. There was an estimated $275 in damage from these incidents.
LPD says officers reviewed security video gathered from neighbors in all of the cases, the 66 year old man was contacted by police and cited for seven counts of misdemeanor Criminal Mischief. In total there was an estimated damage loss of $6,320. There is a total of 31 victims of tire slashing and 2 victims of water faucet damage.