One Person Checked Out At Hospital After SW Omaha Fire

Omaha Fire investigators say two people escaped early Monday morning from a housefire in southwest Omaha ruled accidental in nature: a charcoal grill/smoker left unattended.

The fire was near 153rd and Drexel Streets around 3 a.m., and it took about 15 minutes to bring under control.

The fire department says one resident was taken to the hospital for further medical evaluation.

The Red Cross was called in to help the displaced residents.

Firefighters reported seeing large amounts of smoke from Harrison Street and large amounts of smoke and fire when they pulled up. 

Residents had evacuated the place before fire crews arrived.

(Image from Getty)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content