(Omaha, NE) -- As community transmission of COVID-19 continues to decline, Nebraska Medicine makes changes to their visitation policy at medical centers and clinics.
Nebraska Medicine says the policy changes includes increasing the number of visitors a patient can have, allowing visitors for COVID-19 patients (provided they are vaccinated) and permitting children to visit if they wear masks.
Here is a summary of the changes, effective Wednesday, June 9:
One or two visitors may accompany each patient for clinical or procedural appointments. Children who are capable of keeping a mask on may also accompany a patient who has an appointment.
All outpatient visitors must:
- Be screened for symptoms at entry points and provided a blue sticker
- Follow social distancing, masking and hand hygiene guidelines
Emergency Department visitors
Two adult visitors may accompany each minor patient. One adult visitor may accompany each adult patient. All visitors must be screened for symptoms at entry points and follow social distancing, masking and hand hygiene guidelines.
Inpatients can have one or two visitors at a time. Inpatients no longer need to have visitors documented in their electronic health record. Children who are capable of keeping a mask on can visit.
Patients with COVID-19, or those suspected of having COVID-19, can have one or two fully vaccinated visitors each day for up to two hours.
Those visiting COVID-19 patients must:
- Provide proof of vaccination
- Wear the personal protective equipment required in our COVID-19 units
Visitor hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week. All inpatient visitors must:
- Complete a screening upon arrival
- Be healthy. Any visitor experiencing respiratory illness symptoms will not be allowed to enter
- Wear a personal cloth mask or a procedural mask at all times (including while in patient rooms). Neck gaiters, bandanas and vented masks are not allowed
- Remain in the patient’s room during their visit
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink in patient rooms
Visitor hour exceptions:
- Pediatric patients may have two healthy visitors at all times
- Labor and delivery patients may have two healthy visitors at all times
The full visitation policy is available here.