South Omaha Fire Cause Determined

Investigators say a fire at an apartment building near 34th and Martha Streets in Omaha Tuesday afternoon was accidental in nature, caused by unattended smoking material.

Firefighters were sent to the building around 4:45 p.m. When they arrived, they found heavy smoke and declared it a “Working Fire."

Residents were able to safely get out of the building, and no injuries were reported.

The fire was brought under control in about 15 minutes.

(Image from Omaha Fire Department)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content