(Omaha, NE) -- Omaha's Farmers Market is set to open for the season this weekend.
Beginning Saturday, May 1st, the market in the Old Market at 11th and Jackson Streets will open for shoppers. Then, on Sunday, May 2nd, the second market in the Baxter Arena parking lot will be open for the season.
The Omaha Farmers Market will run for 24 consecutive weekends, through October 10th. Saturday hours are 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM and Sunday hours are 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Organizers say the following measures will be in place for this year's markets:
- Animals are NOT allowed (except for service animals)
- Sampling will be allowed but may look at bit different
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available
- Booths will be spaced apart and vendors will be wearing masks
- Customers aren’t required to wear masks, but it is encouraged
Visitors are encouraged to visit www.omahafarmersmarket.org or follow OFM on Facebook and Instagram for special events, vendor updates and COVID-related policy updates.
(Photo by the Omaha Farmers Market)