Southwest Omaha Apartment Fire Cause Pinpointed

Omaha Fire investigators say a Tuesday evening apartment building fire northeast of 138th and Harrison Streets was accidental in nature, caused by careless disposal of smoking materials.

Firefighters reported a large amount of smoke coming from the third story balcony when they pulled up around 7:45.

The fire was contained to one unit, and brought under control in about 25 minutes.

The department says everyone had safely left the building, and no injuries were reported, though one dog was found deceased during the search of the third floor.

Numerous units were rotated into the scene because of the freezing temperatures.

(Image from Omaha Fire Department)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content