(Bellevue, NE) -- A Bellevue fast food restaurant that was the site of a deadly shooting last year is set to reopen this week.
On Wednesday, the Sonic drive-thru on Cornhusker Road will reopen, nearly two months after two employees were killed and two others were wounded at the restaurant.
On November 21st, investigators say 23 year old Roberto Silva opened fire at the restaurant, killing 22 year old Nathan Pastrana and 28 year old Ryan Helbert and wounding 18 Zoey Lujan and 25 year old Kenneth Gerner. Silva had been arrested by Bellevue Police earlier that week after reportedly charging $57 in food to another person's Sonic app. After being reported to police by Sonic employees about the theft, Silva was charged with suspicion of identity theft and released on bail.
Bryant Morrison, the restaurant’s owner, said 80% of his employees plan to return when it reopens. Morrison also said he plans to build a memorial at the restaurant to honor the employees killed and wounded.
Silva faces two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, an arson charge and several firearms charges. He has pleaded not guilty. Silva is due in court again in March.
(Photo by WOWT 6 News)