The Federal Bureau of Investigation Omaha Field Office is warning against COVID-19 vaccine scams.
The FBI says they've received several tips about scams and are asking anyone who receives a call like this to report it.
Here are potential signs of a scam:
- You are asked to pay out of pocket to get a vaccine.
- You are asked to pay to put your name on a vaccine waiting list or to get early access.
- Advertisements for vaccines through social media platforms, email, telephone calls, online, or from unsolicited/unknown sources.
- Marketers offering to sell or ship doses of the vaccine for payment.
- The FBI also reminds the public to protect themselves by not giving out personal information to unknown sources.
If you believe you’re a victim of possible vaccine fraud, immediately report it to:
- HHS-OIG Hotline 1-800-HHS-TIPS or tips.hhs.gov
- FBI Hotline 1-800-CALL-FBI or ic3.gov
- CMS/Medicare Hotline 1-800-MEDICARE