Multiple Cats Die In House Fire

Several cats died in an afternoon house fire at 24th and Vane Street. Fire crews saw light smoke coming from the second floor when they arrived around 12:50 Wednesday afternoon. It took about ten minutes to get the fire under control.

No one was home at the time. One dog was rescued by fire crews. When they conducted a search effort, firefighters found multiple cats that had died.

The cause of the fire was a candle left unattended in an upstairs bedroom.

title

Content Goes Here