The ribbon will be cut Thursday morning on the brand new Douglas County Treasurer's office inside the former Thomas Fitzgerald Home near 153rd and West Maple. The new customer service center will offer a drive-through in addition to lobby services. The new office is a result of a Douglas County bond issue previously approved by voters.
The treasurer's office at 108th and West Maple is now closed, but all other offices will be open as normal. The Nebraska DMV drivers testing and license issuance operation will continue from the 108th and Maple location.
Taxpayers should use the main entrance on the north side of the new building. Taxpayers can use the U.S. Mail, telephone, or online payments through the Treasurer's website as alternatives to paying in person.
The Treasurer's Customer Service Center locations are as follows:
- North Customer Service Center, 7414 N. 30th Street
- South Customer Service Center, 4202 S. 50th Street
- Midtown Customer Service Center, 411 N. 84th Street
- Millard Customer Service Center, 5730 S. 144th Street
- New Maple Customer Service Center15335 West Maple Street, opening on Thursday