More Mills County, Iowa residents are being allowed back into their homes weeks after historic floods ravaged the Midwest.
On Wednesday, the Mills County Board of Supervisors and Mills County Emergency Management issued a statement allowing residents back into the following unincorporated areas:
- Hanna Avenue East and West of 195th Street
- Hemford Avenue East of 195th Street
- 197th Street between Hanna Avenue and Hemford Avenue
- Ingrahm Avenue East and West of 195th Street
- 207th Street South of U.S. Highway 34
- Mahr Avenue West of 215th Street
- Nellen Road West of 215th Street
Residents in the area outlined above may return to their homes and can contact the new Flood Hotline at 712-520-4000 if they need volunteers to assist.