Lincoln Family Hospitalized Follwing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Five members of a Lincoln family were taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency crews were called to the area of 14th and Superior around 1:30 and found two adults and three children ill.

The highest reading in the home was 499 PPM.  Most home CO detectors will sound if the CO level reaches 30 ppm or higher. Investigators say the family was using a charcoal grill to heat their home.

CO is an odorless gas produced by burning fuel such as gas, propane or charcoal without proper ventilation.. 

title

Content Goes Here