Lincoln Concert Canceled After Performer Starts Fire

A concert at the Bourbon Theatre in Lincoln was canceled Thursday night after a dancer accidentally started a fire inside the building around 10 p.m. 

Investigators say the dancer spilled kerosene and it ignited a fire,  setting off the sprinkler system.  Lincoln police helped evacuate about 700 people from the theatre. The fire was quickly extinguished and damage is estimated at $1,000.

Fire officials say that person was not authorized to perform with fire and was told that prior to the show.  That performer will be issued a citation.

title

Content Goes Here