Firefighters Rescue Person From 2nd Story Balcony

Omaha firefighters rescued one person from a second floor balcony after fire broke out in an apartment building at 2505 N. 94th Plaza (south of 94th and Ohio Street)  around 1:45 Saturday morning.  Firefighters saw smoke and flames coming from the building and quickly conducted an evacuation.

They assisted occupants with medical evaluations and treatments as needed but no injuries related to the fire were reported.

It took firefighters about a half an hour to get the blaze under control.  It started in the kitchen and spread into the living room.  Investigators say the fire was accidental due to food left unattended on a stove.

The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist three occupants who were left without a place to live. 

title

Content Goes Here