Explosion, Fire Destroy Sarpy County Business

An explosion inside a dry cleaning business near 168th and Harrison resulted in a fire that caused the building to collapse late Sunday morning.

No one was inside the building, which was closed for business and there are no injuries to anyone else around the business.

It happened around 11:30 a.m.  Brianna Rogers, a receptionist across the street at the Paw Spa Pet Resort, felt the blast at Wardrobe Spa.  She tells 6 News When she looked outside she could see sizable flames coming from the building.

“All of a sudden you just hear a big boom and the whole building just shook like a big shock wave just hit it,” Rogers says.  

Neighboring buildings were protected from damage as a result of defensive efforts against the fire.  The exact cause of the fire is not confirmed at this time. The state fire marshal is investigating.

The owner was on site, apparently working outside the building, but was unharmed.  Signage on the building saying "now open" indicates the business is new to the area.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

NewsRadio 1110 KFAB · Omaha's News, Weather, and Traffic
Listen Now on iHeartRadio