Douglas County Sheriff Tim Dunning announces the creation of a public "Exchange Area" at the Douglas County Law Enforcement Center at 3601 N. 156th Street.
The Exchange Area is located in the front parking lot and is marked with a sign on the south end. The area is intended to be a neutral location to conduct e-commerce transactions like Craigslist or to conduct child custody exchanges. The area has recorded video but Sheriff Dunning reminds people to use good judgement when meeting others in the exchange area.
· If possible, meet in a public space where others are present.
· Conduct meetings in the daylight hours.
· Bring a friend or relative with you when meeting strangers.
· Have a cell phone readily available to call 911 if necessary.
· Beware of recent or ongoing scams.
Transactions should be done by cash when possible and not personal checks.
For more information about the exchange area click here.