Are Netflix-Era Kids Missing Something By Not Having to Watch Shows Live?
A Twitter user tweeted out a message saying that she feels sorry for Netflix-era kids, explaining whey she thinks there missing something by not having to watch shows live.
She wrote: "They will never know the high stakes adrenaline of running to the bathroom/fridge/bedroom in a single ad break, with the beckoning call of a sibling screaming “It’s ONNNNNN” to send you hurdling over furniture to get back in time."
Other people chimed in, reminiscing about the pre-Netflix days. Some of their replies included:
- "YOU MISSIN IT!!" "HURRY UP!" "I'm not peeing till the commercial!" Bonus for when you would leave and someone would steal your seat or take the remote.
- The most-dreaded: "TO BE CONTINUED" or, even worse, "TUNE IN NEXT SEASON"
- Or the power goes out right in the middle of the season finale
- Or if you missed ONE episode; you were so screwed.
- Because the next day you would be either talking about the same show with friends at school or work. Lets not forget having parties to mark a mile stone event for a show at someone's home. Believe it or not TV was more social then, fewer channels.