Fire Officials Release Cause Of Fatal Lincoln House Fire

Lincoln Fire officials have released more details in a fatal Wednesday night house fire. 

Authorities say a candle that tipped over is to blame for the death of 84 year old Jerry Snyder and two of his dogs. Two other dogs were rescued from the home near 44th and Franklin.

Investigators say a neighbor reported seeing flames in the windows around 11:00 and when crews arrived, there was smoke and flames coming from the house. The home reportedly didn't have a smoke detector, and investigators determined that the candle sparked the blaze in a first-flood bedroom, causing $100,000 in damage.

title

Content Goes Here