In a news release from PRNewswire:
Hiland Dairy Foods Company, a leading farmer-owned dairy producer, is pleased to announce that the company recently received awards in 17 product categories during the 2017 World Dairy Expo (WDE) Championship Dairy Product Contest. The WDE contest is the only one of its kind in North America that includes all dairy products.
The prestigious WDE all-dairy national contest allows Hiland Dairy and other winning companies the right to claim their products as "the best of the best" in North America.
"It's an honor to have so many of our products and processing facilities recognized at a national level," said Gary Aggus, president and CEO of Hiland Dairy Foods Company. "Our goal is to provide the freshest products from our local facilities. Winning so many WDE awards corroborates our goal of providing the best-tasting, quality products for our customers."
Competing against dairy industry leaders in North America, Hiland Dairy was awarded top honors in the following categories:
- First Place — White Milk, Hiland Dairy, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- First Place — Lowfat Sour Cream, Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Second Place — Whole Chocolate Milk, Hiland Dairy, Springfield, Missouri
- Second Place — Drinkable Yogurt Smoothie (Pina Colada), Hiland Dairy, Chandler, Oklahoma
- Second Place — Lowfat Cottage Cheese, Hiland Dairy, Wichita, Kansas
- Second Place — Sour Cream-Based Dips–Onion (Toasted Onion), Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Second Place — Sour Cream-Based Dips–Southwest (Southwest Ranch Dip), Hiland Dairy, Norman, Oklahoma
- Second Place — Open Sour Cream-Based Dips (Bacon and Cheddar Dip), Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Third Place — Fat-Free Chocolate Milk, Hiland Dairy, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Third Place — Bulgarian Buttermilk, Hiland Dairy, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Third Place — Blueberry Yogurt, Hiland Dairy, Wichita, Kansas
- Third Place — Drinkable Yogurt Smoothie (Strawberry), Hiland Dairy, Chandler, Oklahoma
- Third Place — Cottage Cheese, Hiland Dairy, Wichita, Kansas
- Third Place — Natural Sour Cream, Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Third Place — Sour Cream Based Dips–Southwest (Salsa Dip), Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Third Place — Open Sour Cream-Based Dips (Ranch w/Dill Dip), Hiland Dairy, Omaha, Nebraska
- Third Place — Vanilla Ice Cream, Hiland Ice Cream, Norfolk, Nebraska
- Third Place — Ice Cream with Peanut Butter, Hiland Ice Cream, Norfolk, Nebraska
This year, the WDE received a record 1,400 entries in 79 product classes, which were evaluated by 50 independent judges. The judges, experienced in product sensory evaluations, used strict criteria and guidelines for taste, texture, appearance and other product factors.
About Hiland Dairy Foods CompanyFor nearly 80 years, Hiland Dairy Foods has proudly supported the communities we live in and the businesses whose customers rely on our wholesome products every day. Hiland is owned by local dairy farmers who provide the fresh, delicious milk for our products, and we have more than 250 farmer-owners throughout Iowa. Part of caring about our communities is caring about our ecological footprint — about preserving water, land and natural resources for our future generations — so we reduce waste, reuse resources and recycle what we can at every opportunity.
As a full-service dairy, Hiland provides a full array of products, including milk, buttermilk, eggnog, ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream and dips, half and half, whipping cream, butter and cheese. We also produce and distribute fresh juices, lemonade, fruit punch, Red Diamond Tea, YoPhoria Smoothies, a full line of iced coffee, lactose-free milk, organic milk, almond milk and soy milk. And, Hiland Dairy milk is always tested for antibiotics and contains no artificial growth hormones.