The Nebraska Department of Transportation has announced a new round of repairs to be made to flood-damaged roadway and bridges on various emergency projects in the Omaha Metro Area.
The areas set to be repaired include:
- Highway 30: Between Fremont and Arlington. Work includes a road segment for full reconstruction. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place. The repair and resurfacing project will continue after the immediate repairs are completed and the highway is open to traffic.
- Highway 77: North of Fremont between US-275 and Logan Creek. Work includes shoulder reconstruction and mainline paving. Traffic is being maintained in a single lane through the use of a pilot car.
- Highway 91: Between Nickerson and Fontanelle. Work includes a road segment for full reconstruction. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
- Highway L28B (West Dodge Road): West Dodge Road between US-275 and 228th Street. This work includes major reconstruction of the 4-lane roadway to restore immediate connectivity. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
- Highway US-275: West Center Road (Highway 275), between the N‑92/US-275 junction and the Elkhorn River. Work includes total bridge and pavement replacement. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
Motorists are reminded to be aware of marked detours and to plan accordingly. Additionally, motorists are reminded to follow the direction provided by the pilot car and to remain patient on roadways that remain open while repairs are made.
Roadways that remain underwater:
- Highway US-34 from the Highway US-75 junction to the Iowa border.
NDOT will continue to provide detours for each bridge and paving section that has either been washed out or requires repair through 511.nebraska.gov.