Listen Live on  
 

NewsRadio 1110 KFAB

NewsRadio 1110 KFAB
 
 

Glenwood Resource Ceinter Fined After Incident

 

The state Department of Human Services says a resident of the Glenwood Resource Center swallowed three batteries and had to be treated at a hospital.

The agency on Thursday says it agreed to pay a $2,000 state fine because of the incident, which happened June 2 at the facility for people with intellectual disabilities.

The resident was treated at a hospital before being released a few days later.

After the incident, the center notified the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals about the matter and submitted a self-correction plan. The agency on Thursday cited Glenwood for failing to provide required supervision as specified in the resident's individual service plan.

 

 

Recommended Stories

More from NewsRadio 1110 KFAB

*